The Florida Department of Health has been distributing cloth masks and COVID-19 informational materials in three languages (English, Spanish and Haitian Creole) for agriculture workers in Southwest Florida. The masks and information are available to farmers and labor contractors.
To access these resources, contact your local Health Department:
- Hendry Glades Health Department – Brenda Barnes, email: Brenda.Barnes@flhealth.gov
- Lee County Health Department – Jerry Joseph, email: Jerry.Joseph@flhealth.gov
- Collier County Health Department – Kathleen Marr, email: Kathleen.Marr@flhealth.gov or Carlos Alvarez, email: Carlos.Alvarez@flhealth.gov
- Manatee County Health Department – Pam Crain, email: Pamela.Crain@flhealth.gov
- Charlotte County Health Department – Yamilet Santana-Reyes, email: Yamilt.santanareyes@FLHealth.gov
It is recommended that the farm manager or director send the request on behalf of all employees.
Be certain to provide the number of masks, as well as the quantity by language(s) of the materials to go with them. Contact information (name, email address and phone number) is also needed so Health Department employees can notify farms when the packets are ready. In your request for materials, include your contact information and the quantity needed for each of the following items:
- English Flyers
- Spanish Flyers
- Creole Flyers
Share this Post