A newly formed Grower Editorial Advisory Board met with Citrus Industry magazine’s staff in Sebring, Florida, on May 2. Participating in the meeting were citrus grower board members from around the state, including:
- Larry Black, Peace Riving Packing
- George Hamner, Indian River Exchange Packers
- Marshall Hartley, small grove owner
- Aaron Himrod, Himrod Citrus Nursery
- Lee Jones, Gardinier Florida Citrus
- Paul Meador, Everglades Harvesting & Hauling
- Jim Snively, Southern Gardens Citrus
- David and Mark Wheeler, Wheeler Farms
Representing AgNet Media’s Citrus Industry team were:
- Gary Cooper, founder and president
- Robin Loftin, vice president
- Tacy Callies, editor
- Ernie Neff, senior correspondent at large
- Ron Linkous, business development manager
The purpose of the meeting was to review the magazine’s content to ensure it remains relevant to its audience. Board members completed an in-depth survey about the magazine, shared their opinions on Citrus Industry’s format and discussed new ideas for the publication. The group agreed that the research articles are one of the magazine’s top strengths.
During the meeting, AgNet Media’s Gary Cooper doubled as chef by treating the board to a surf and turf lunch.
The Grower Editorial Advisory Board will meet approximately once per quarter. The next meeting will review AgNet Media’s other Citrus Industry entities, including Citrus Industry This Week e-news, www.CitrusIndustry.net, Citrus Expo and the All In For Citrus podcast.
Share this Post