Applications are open through July 17 for positions in the 2020-2022 Florida Farm Bureau (FFB) Young Farmers and Ranchers Leadership Group. The group experience develops participants for future leadership positions. It also provides them with opportunities to be involved in various Farm Bureau advocacy events at the local, state and national level.
A select group of agriculturists is chosen for the program every two years. The program focuses on personal growth, public speaking, media training, legislative awareness, issue advocacy and service leadership.
The group is composed of appointed individuals and couples who are active FFB members representing each of the eight FFB field districts. Group members participate in a leadership development program of approximately 45 days, conducted in 13 separate seminars.
In order to be considered for admission into the program, applicants must:
- Be a member of the FFB for a minimum of one year, as of Oct. 1, 2019
- Be classified as an “active” member, in good standing, at the county level
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35, not having turned 36 prior to Oct. 31, 2022
- Application must be submitted by Friday, July 17, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- County Farm Bureau President must approve application by emailing program coordinator at Michele.Curts@ffbf.org by July 17, 2020
- Have two letters of recommendation, (one personal and one professional) emailed to Michele.Curts@ffbf.org by July 17, 2020
A selection committee will review applications and make recommendations to the Florida Farm Bureau president, who will review and appoint selected participants. Those selected will be notified via email by Aug. 31.
Learn more and apply here.
Source: Florida Farm Bureau
Share this Post