Syngenta Crop Protection is seeking a paid citrus intern for the summer of 2022. The company will assign the intern to a mentor and a territory, and provide a vehicle for work use.
The intern will gain experience with territory management and pest and disease identification. Opportunities will be provided to gain sales and marketing experience and exposure to the citrus industry. The internship also presents opportunities within Syngenta.
Pest scouting support for miticides and insecticides and soil sampling support for fungicides will be the focus of the internship.
Syngenta seeks sophomores or juniors wanting future employment in Florida agriculture, but seniors will be considered.
- Basic familiarity with production agriculture and pest, disease and weed control
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work outdoors
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, honest and personable
- Ability to relocate to or originally be from one of the following Florida counties: Polk, Highlands, Hardee, DeSoto, Hendry, Collier, Lee, Okeechobee, Martin, Osceola, St. Lucie or Indian River
- Satisfactory results of a pre-employment background check, drug test and driving record evaluation.
Those interested may apply here. The application includes contact information for those with questions. Applications should be submitted by early November 2021. Syngenta plans to hold interviews in the second half of November.
Share this Post